Today I woke up to my final second year grade in the post. I got a 2.1 which is really good but I am known to be a bit of a pessimist and I always think I can do better, even though I worked the hardest I ever have this year and could not of tried any harder. Second year was tougher than I ever expected and there was moments where I thought I wasn't going to make it through, and I wasn't good enough, but I made it (after lots of crying, tea drinking and cake/chocolate/sugar consuming, and thanks to my lovely uni 'gal pals' that put up with me <3 ).
Now to reflect on the past year, looking only at the positives:
- Designed and exhibited a collection of children's fashion prints for Premiere Vision, Paris
- Visited my first ever trade show (and met Lemon Ribbon there, a children's print company that I will be interning for in a few weeks !)
- Worked with Tigerprint (they design for M&S) on a live brief to produce greetings and I was shortlisted
- Designed and exhibited various prints for Surtex in New York.
- Developed my child like, naive, illustrative style and collage/slow crafting techniques that I finally feel happy and comfortable with.
- Worked with Hallmark for Tesco for a competition, and came 2nd which meant I won a cash prize and a two week placement (to be completed in August)
- Shortlisted for the Mollie Makes Handmade Awards for the youth category and go to the event next Thursday where I get to meet lots of lovely creatives and join in with fun workshops
So I didn't get the highest grade, but I still did a bloody good job and gained a lot of valuable knowledge and experience over the year. I am so excited to see what the next year has in stall for me :)
P.S. Nobody tells you that you put on about 2 stone in weight in your second year of university, due to the stress eating, just thought I would put that one out there as one of the possible side effects ;)